CM Lite - This article explains how to update the payment status of a client invoice once payment has been made.
To update the payment status of a client invoice:
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Navigate to the relevant client and open their client record page by clicking on their first name text link.
- Click on the Invoices button to see current invoices.
- Next to the relevant invoice, click on the dollar sign icon to record a payment.
- Select the date that the payment was made on.
- In the left column, enter the amount paid into the field that matches the payment method that was used.
- In the right column, enter a reference number for the payment. Note: the reference number field is mandatory for each payment type you fill out.
- Click Pay Invoice.
The invoice status will change from Waiting payment to either Part payment or Paid, depending on whether the invoice has been partly or fully paid.