This article explains how to cancel or delete one or more appointments from a client or sessions calendar.
If your organisation or the client need to cancel or remove an appointment, you can use the buttons at the top of the session record.
If the client has cancelled but you will be claiming the session from the NDIA, the approach is different. Find out how to cancel an appointment for NDIS claiming.
The method you use will depend on whether you need to retain a record of the cancellation and whether you've already rostered the session. Some rostering systems do not allow for rostered sessions to be deleted. You can either:
- cancel the appointment and retain the session's record, or
- delete the appointment, which will completely remove the record.
To cancel or delete an appointment:
- Navigate to the session record where you booked the appointment.
For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab and then click on the session.
For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session.
To cancel the appointment without claiming:
- Click on the Cancel Session button at the top of the record. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find it.
- This will open the Cancel Session dialog. This includes an explanation of what will change.
- Click on the Cancellation Reason drop-down list.
- The list of reasons available may depend on your organisation's policies. You should be able to show whether the cancellation was due to the client or the workers.
- If you select Other, a free text entry field will appear and you can add a reason.
- Once you've added your cancellation reason, click on the Confirm Cancellation button. Take care before confirming, as you'll no longer be able to roster or edit this session.
- The status of your session will now be changed to Cancelled. This will not affect other sessions in this series.
To delete the appointment so that it is completely removed:
- Click on the Delete button at the top of the record. You may need to click on the More drop-down list to find it.
- This will open a confirmation dialog. If the session is part of a recurring series, you'll be given the option of deleting all of the sessions, or just the session you have open. Click on Delete to remove the current session, or Delete Series to remove all of the sessions.
- Your appointment or appointments will be completely removed from the system.