This article explains how to assign a worker to an appointment from the client's calendar or the sessions calendar.
Once you've created an appointment, you can assign one or more workers to deliver the service.
If you're planning to use recurrences to create multiple sessions, adding the worker first will mean that the worker you add will be assigned to all sessions. If you add the worker after creating the recurrence, you may need to assign workers to each session separately.
If you're planning to add the appointment to an existing shift, take note of the shift number before you begin.
To add a worker to an appointment:
- Navigate to the session record of the appointment.
For an individual appointment, go to the Contacts tab and locate the client. Click on their Calendar tab, click on the session and then click on the Workers tab.
For a group appointment, go to the Sessions Calendar and click on the relevant session. Then click on the Workers tab.
- Scroll down to the Worker Appointments section and click on the New button.
- This will open the New Worker Appointment form. Click in the Worker field.
- Start typing the name of your worker. You should be able to select them from the drop-down list that appears.
If you're unable to locate the worker, you may need to create a new record for them. However, they'll also need a user account, so check carefully!
- The Session field will auto-fill with the name you gave the session earlier.
- If the session will be part of an existing shift, you can use the Shift field to link the session. If you leave this field blank, it will automatically create a new shift.
- You can leave the Status field set to None.
- If your worker is only delivering a part of the session, you can indicate the time they'll be attending by filling out the Scheduled section. Leaving this section blank will automatically schedule the worker for the full session.
- The Actual section will be populated once the session and services are delivered.
- Once you've added all of the information relevant to your organisation, click on the Save button.
- If you've added all of the required workers and you're ready to roster the session, click on the Roster button. Take care, once you roster a session you may no longer be able to delete it.
The appointment will now appear in your worker's calendar. If you haven't already and need to, you can now add recurrences for multiple sessions.