This article explains how to create an appointment on the sessions calendar for a group of clients.
Using the sessions calendar, you can create an appointment for sessions that will be attended by multiple clients. To create an appointment for a group of clients:
- Click on the Sessions Calendar tab.
You might need to click on the More drop-down arrow to find the sessions calendar, or you might need to click on the App Launcher, scroll down to All Items and click on the Sessions Calendar text link. Find out how to add tabs to your view by personalising your experience.
- You can modify your calendar view by clicking on the Day, Week or Month button at the top of the calendar. You can also use the Today button to jump to the current date.
- Open a session by clicking on the date and time on the calendar closest to your appointment's start time. The row at the top of the calendar can be used to set a session for the entire day.
- This will open the New Session form.
The Subject, Required Workers, Session Location and Service Types fields are each marked with a red asterisk, which means they are mandatory and must be completed.
- Type the name of your session in the Subject field.
- Click in the Required Workers field and type the number of workers who will be required to support the session.
- Click in the Session Location drop-down list and select an option. Some options will activate an additional mandatory field. For example, if you select Site, you may need to select the specific site for the session. If you select Other, you can add an address.
- You'll also need to click on an option to select one of the Service Types. If you hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click on the options, you can select more than one service type.
- If your organisation is divided into regions, you can use the Session Region field to show in which region the service will be provided.
- If you need to include additional messages or instructions for the worker, you can add them in the free text Employee Message and Comments fields.
- In the Scheduled section, you can refine the date and time. The default session duration is an hour, so you may need to alter the end time. Click in the End Time field and scroll to select your session's end time.
- The Start Date Criteria and End Date Criteria fields can be used to indicate how the start and end of the shift will be calculated. The table shows how the different settings affect the calculation.
|Criteria||How the date and time are calculated|
|One worker||Starts and ends when the first worker signs on and off.|
|50% of workers||Starts and ends when at least half of the workers have signed on or off.|
|All workers||Starts and ends only when all workers have signed on or off.|
|Average start (or end) time||Calculates the start and end times based on an average of the time that each worker signed on or off.|
- If you're logged in to your worker account and you'll be delivering the session, you can put a tick in the Create Worker Appointment checkbox. This automatically adds you to the session as a worker.
- Once you've completed all relevant options, click on the Save button.
- This will open your appointment as a new session record. Now you're ready to add some clients to your appointment. Click on the Clients tab.
- Scroll to the Clients Attending section and click on the Add Client button.
- This will extend the Clients Attending section. Click in the Client field and start typing the name of your client. When your client's name appears, click on it.
- Click on the Save button to add the client or, if you're ready to add services, click on the Save & Item button.
If you clicked on Save & Item, you'll be taken to the New Service form. If not, don't worry, you can still add services to the session. Find out more about how to add services to your client's appointments.