This article explains how to delete a record from an intake or client contact record.
A lot of the information about a client that's stored on an intake or client contact record is stored in separate additional records. You may need to delete one of these information records if:
- it was created in error, or
- a request has been made under data protection laws.
We encourage caution when deleting information records. It may be better to close the record to avoid losing historical data.
Access to deleting records will depend on:
- the permission level of your account, and
- what type of information you are trying to remove.
To delete a record:
- Navigate to the relevant intake or client contact record.
Intake records can be found by clicking on a client's name on their enquiry record. Client contact records can be found by clicking on the Contacts tab.
- Click on the relevant tab for the information you are trying to remove. You may need to click on the More drop-down arrow at the end of the row of tabs to access additional options.
- Scroll down to the relevant record and click on the drop-down arrow at the end of that record's row.
- Click on the Delete button.