This article explains how to make an intake record out of an enquiry so that you can add more information.
An intake is a type of record that can be used for clients who need further assessment before they become full clients. It allows you to attach associations, list health conditions and track things like:
- assessments, and
- service requests.
Some organisations skip the intake stage and go straight to a full client contact record. However, intake can help separate clients who require further assessment before they're made into clients.
To create an intake record from an enquiry:
- Click on the Enquiries tab or click on the App Launcher, scroll down to the All Items section and click on the Enquiries text link.
- Locate your enquiry and click on the Edit button. If you're not sure how, find out how to edit an enquiry.
- Scroll down to the Outcome Details section of the Edit Enquiry form.
- Click on the Enquiry Outcome drop-down list.
- Select Converted to Intake.
- Click on the Save button.
- This will create the client as an intake record. You can navigate to the intake record by scrolling to the General Enquiry section of the enquiry and clicking on the client's name in the Client field.
An intake record has fewer options than a client contact record. If you need to add services to a client and can't see the required options, you may need to convert the intake into a client.