This article explains how to use the mobile app to clock off an outstanding shift that is blocking the start of a new shift.
Sometimes, you might forget to record the end of a shift. To help maintain the accuracy of your records, the system will prevent you from starting a new shift if you have any that are outstanding.
This functionality is triggered when you tap on Start Shift.
If you have any outstanding shifts, you'll be notified by a dialog. To clock off the outstanding shift or shifts:
- Tap on OK.
- This will open a Clock Off form showing the start time of the outstanding shift. Tap in the End Time field.
- Swipe up and down in the calendar to select the time that the shift ended.
- Once you've displayed the correct time and date, tap on the Select text link.
- Then tap on Save.
- If you have any other outstanding shifts, you'll need to clock those off using the same process. Once you've clocked off all outstanding shifts, your new shift will automatically begin, and you'll see the End Shift button.
- Make sure you open the app and tap on the End Shift button at the end of your shift. Otherwise, you'll be prompted to clock off before you start your next shift and you'll need to repeat this process. Once you've tapped on End Shift, the status of your shift will change to Completed.
If you use the Start Shift and End Shift buttons, the Actual Start and Actual End recorded on the shift will match the dates and times of when you tapped those buttons.