This article explains how to capture additional transport costs from the Service Delivery Entry tab without including them as part of another service.
When a participant has funding under the support category of Transport in their service agreement, a claim can be made for any additional costs associated with transporting the participant. This example explains how to claim a per km charge for a trip made with the participant.
This type of claim can be captured as part of a service for a service from the Assistance with social and community participation support category. It can also be captured separately.
To capture additional transport costs, you'll need a current service agreement with a Support Category for Transport (auto payments) and the Transport line item.
Find out how to include transport on a service agreement.
Once you've set up your service agreement, to claim additional transport costs:
- Go to the Service Delivery Entry tab or click on the App Launcher and search for service delivery entry.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section and click on the Add Service Delivered button.
- The Worker field is optional.
- Add your client to the Client Name field.
- Use the Support Category drop-down list to select Transport (auto payments).
- Use the Services field to select Transport.
- The Rate field should auto-fill.
- In the Quantity/Amount field, type the number of kilometres travelled. This number will be multiplied by the Rate, which should be listed just above this field.
The Quantity/Amount field is mandatory, which is why we recommend this approach for claiming transport in this scenario. This will ensure that you only create one service delivery record to extract and claim.
- Leave the travel and transport fields empty.
- Add any Comments and/or Case Notes to describe this entry.
- Scroll down and tick the Client Accepted checkbox if the client has confirmed.
- Click on the Save button.
This will create a single service delivery record that can be extracted for claiming.