This article explains how to capture transport as part of a service when manually creating service delivered records from the Service Delivery Entry tab.
To claim transport from the Service Delivery Entry tab, you'll need a signed and approved service agreement with a Support Category for Assistance with social and community participation. If the participant will be contributing to the cost of the transport, you'll also need a Support Category for Transport (auto payments) and the Transport line item.
Find out how to include transport on a service agreement.
Once you've set up your service agreement, and a service that included transport has been provided:
- Go to the Service Delivery Entry tab or click on the App Launcher and search for service delivery entry.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section and click on the Add Service Delivered button.
- The Worker field is optional.
- Add your client to the Client Name field.
- Use the drop-down list to select the Support Category. This should be Assistance with social and community participation.
- Services will either be listed or you can start typing the name of the service into the Service field to list services available in this category. Then click on the relevant service name.
- Depending on the characteristics of the service, you may be required to populate additional fields. Mandatory fields will be marked with a * red asterisk. Some fields, such as Rate, may auto-fill.
- Unless you are also claiming travel against this service, leave the Claim Type field empty.
- Fill in the Quantity/Amount field with the hours/length of the service that was provided.
- Unless you are also claiming travel, leave the two travel fields blank.
- Fill in the Total time Transporting client (mins) field with the amount of time that was spent transporting the participant in addition to the amount of time spent delivering the service.
The Total time Transporting client (mins) field uses the rate of the service item you've selected. When you add time to this field, it's added to the total Quantity/Amount of the service.
- Add any Comments or a Case Note relating to the travel charge.
- Scroll down and tick the Client Accepted checkbox if the client has confirmed.
- Click on the Save button.
This will create a single service delivery entry that includes the time spent delivering the service and the time spent transporting the client.
The service delivered list only shows the quantity from the Quantity/Amount field, in this example 2. To see the multiplier that will be used to calculate the amount claimed, navigate to the service delivered record and scroll down to the Service Delivered and Travel section. In the example, the 30 minutes transporting the client has been added to the quantity for a Total Quantity of 2.5.
Add the participant's contribution
To add the participant's contribution to the claim without making a separate service delivery entry, enter a value in the Total Km Transporting Client field. This will draw the funds from the Transport service item that you set up under the Transport (auto) category.
Populating the Total Km Transporting Client field will generate a separate service delivery record.