This article explains how to add a service to a bed booking, how to select a billing method and how the different billing methods trigger the creation of service delivery records.
If your client has funding through a service agreement, you can add services to their bed booking. The system will then automatically generate service delivery records for the client using a nightly batch process.
Once your client has a service agreement and bed booking:
- Click on the relevant booking on the beds calendar.
- If the client has a service agreement, you'll see a Planned Services section. Click on the Add Service button.
- This will open the New Planned Service form.
- Select the Support Category that contains the relevant service.
- Select the Service.
- The Site, Rate and Item / Category fields will auto-fill based on the Service.
- You can select a Program if relevant.
- You also need to select a Billing Method. The options are pre-charge and post-charge.
|Billing method||Service delivery trigger|
The system starts to generate service delivery records from the first day of a current booking. For example, if the unit of measure is set to week and the bed allocation start date is today, the system will generate a service delivery that charges for the forthcoming week. It will then generate a service delivery at the start of each week until the booking is complete. If the final booking period is a partial week, the system will generate an equivalent partial service delivery charge.
The system requires a service period to be complete before generating the service delivery. For example, if the unit of measure is set to week and the bed allocation start date was more than a week ago, the system will generate a service delivery that charges for the preceding week. It will then generate a service delivery once a week until the booking has been complete for more than a week. If the final period is a partial week, the system will generate an equivalent partial service delivery charge.
- Once you've selected the Billing Method, click on the Save button.
The service will appear under the Planned Services heading. You can add multiple services to the same booking. You can view, edit or delete services using the drop down arrow at the end of the row.