This article explains how to claim travel against a service when that service has already been claimed.
If a service has already been claimed but the travel associated with that service was missed, the travel can be captured on a separate service delivered record. You'll still need to indicate a service item so that the system can use that item's rate to calculate the travel cost.
As per NDIA rules, travel claims are restricted to:
- 30 minutes in cities
- 60 minutes in regional areas.
To capture travel on a separate record:
- Go to the Service Delivery Entry tab or click on the App Launcher and search for service delivery entry.
- Scroll down to the Services Delivered section and click on the Add Service Delivered button.
- The Worker field is optional.
- Add your client to the Client Name field.
- Use the drop-down list to select the Support Category.
- Services will either be listed or you can start typing the name of the service into the Service field to list services available in this category. Then click on the relevant service name.
- Depending on the characteristics of the service, you may be required to populate additional fields. Mandatory fields will be marked with a * red asterisk. Some fields, such as Rate, may auto-fill.
- Click on the Claim Type drop-down and select Provider Travel.
- Enter a decimal value in the Quantity/Amount field.
The Quantity/Amount field uses whole hours. To calculate the decimal value, we divide by 60. For example, to claim 30 minutes (the maximum amount for travel in a city) we calculate 30/60 and enter 0.5.
- Leave the Total Travel Time to Appointment (mins) field empty.
- Add the number of kilometres the worker travelled in the Total Km Travelled to Appointment field.
- Unless you are also claiming for transport, leave the two transporting fields empty.
- Add any Comments or a Case Note relating to the travel charge.
- Scroll down and tick the Client Accepted checkbox if the client has confirmed.
- Click on the Save button.
This will create a service delivery record against the relevant item for the travel cost only.
When the NDIS extract is created for uploading to the NDIS portal, a single extract item will be created for travel with the claim type TRAN.