This article explains how to list risks to a client, staff or others and how to display them as alerts on an intake or client contact record.
The system allows you to capture a range of risks that could affect how you provide services to a client. Critical risks can also be displayed as alerts to help notify workers before they provide services.
Alerts can also be displayed for health conditions. Find out how to add a health condition and display it as an alert.
Risks can be added to intake or client contact records. To add a risk:
- Navigate to the relevant intake or client contact record.
Intake records can be found by clicking on a client's name on their enquiry record. Client contact records can be found by clicking on the Contacts tab.
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Scroll down to the Risks section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open a new Risk form. The Client name and Status will be auto-filled. You must select a domain and sub domain. Click in the Domain drop-down list and select an option.
- Selecting a domain will activate the Sub Domain field. The options will depend on which domain you selected. You can select more than one sub domain. Click on an option on the Available list.
- Then click on the right arrow to add the option to Chosen.
- If you chose the Other sub domain, you'll need to add a description to the Other Sub Domain field.
- You can also indicate the Source of the Information.
- The alert will use the domain and sub domain as details. You can over-ride this using the Details / Risk Description field if you need to alter the wording of the alert, but this is optional.
- Put a tick in the Display as Alert checkbox to add the risk to the client's alerts.
- The next part of the form is where you can indicate who is at risk, how likely it is to happen, and how bad it could be. To indicate the level of risk, scroll down to the relevant section, for example, Risk To Client.
- Use the Likelihood drop-down list to show how likely it is to happen.
- Use the Consequences drop-down list to show how bad it could be.
- If there is a risk to others, use the text entry field to indicate Who is at risk.
- Unless your organisation uses them for managing risks, you can skip the Alert and Review Details sections.
The Alert section is used to store instructions regarding the Immediate Response and whether the risk is current, however, it does not affect how the risk is displayed on the client's record.
- Click on the Save button. If you have more than one risk to add, click on Save & New.
- The new record will now be listed under Risks. To edit this record, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.
- If you selected Display as Alert, the risk will be listed as an alert at the top of the client's record. This will prompt workers to consider this risk when they interact with the client.