This article explains how to create an appointment on a client's contact record calendar. It replaces the Sessions article.
This article refers to the new client's Calendar available in the Lumary 15 release. If you require instructions for the older version of the calendar, you can find them here.
If you're running a session for an individual client, you can use the calendar on their client contact record to create an appointment. To do this:
- Go to the Contacts tab.
- Click on your client's name. If you need to search for your client using the Search this list... field, you may also need to click on the Recently Viewed drop-down list and select All Clients.
- Click on the Engagement tab and then click on the Calendar tab. This will open a calendar that only shows appointments for this client.
- You can modify the calendar view by clicking on the Worker View, Day, Week or Month button at the top of the calendar.
- You can also use the arrows to navigate to different dates, or the Today button to jump to the current date.
- Open a new session by clicking on the New Session button or the date and time on the calendar closest to your appointment's start time.
- This will open the New Session form.
* Fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and must be completed.
- You can modify the start time by adjusting the values in the Date and Time fields in the Start Date section.
- To set an end time, click in the Time field in the End Date section and scroll to select your session's end time.
- Click in the Session Subject field and add a name for your session. This name will appear on the session label on the calendar.
- Click in the Session Location drop-down list and select an option. Some options will activate an additional mandatory field. For example, if you select Site, you may need to select the specific site for the session. If you select Other, you can add an address.
- If your organisation uses regions, you can use the Session Region field to show the region in which the service will be provided.
- Once you've filled out all of the mandatory fields in this part of the form, click on the Next button.
- Your client's name will appear below the Client search field at the top of the next page of the form.
- Required Workers is a mandatory field. This is the number of workers required to run the session and must be at least 1.
- In the Worker field, you can also search for and add workers. To list a worker, start typing their name and then click on it when it appears.
- The Actual Start Criteria and Actual End Criteria fields can be used to indicate how the start and end of the shift will be calculated. The table shows how the different settings affect the calculation.
|Criteria||How the date and time are calculated|
|One worker||Starts and ends when the first worker signs on and off.|
|50% of workers||Starts and ends when at least half of the workers have signed on or off.|
|All workers||Starts and ends only when all workers have signed on or off.|
|Average start (or end) time||Calculates the start and end times based on an average of the time that each worker signed on or off.|
- Click on the Next button.
- The next page of the form allows you to add services to the session. To add a service, click on the blue and white plus button or click on the Next button to skip this step.
- Clicking on the Add Service button will reveal Creating Planned Service options. These options draw support categories and service items from any service agreements that include your client and that will be active for the selected date range. Select a category from the Support Category list.
- As you make selections, additional mandatory fields will appear based on what you've chosen. Select the Service, Site, Rate and any other mandatory options that appear.
- Under Delivery Method, select how the system should calculate the session fee.
- If the worker will be able to claim for travel, put a tick in the Travel Chargeable checkbox.
- Clicking on Travel Chargeable will reveal the mandatory Travel Area field. Use the drop-down list to select the travel area.
- Once you've populated all of the mandatory fields marked with a red asterisk, click on the Save Service button.
- This will show a summary of the service you've added. Use the Add Service button to add any other services that will be delivered in this session and then click on the Next button.
- At the top of the next page of the form, you can add any relevant Service Types by selecting them under Available and moving them to Chosen by clicking on the arrow button.
- If the same session will be repeated, put a tick in the Add Recurrence checkbox to reveal the repeat options.
- In the Repeat every field, you can set the frequency of your sessions. If you select weekly repeats, you'll also need to indicate on which day or days the session will repeat. The table shows examples of how to use the settings for daily, weekly and fortnightly sessions.
|Frequency||Repeat number||Screenshot example|
|Every 2nd day||2|
- In the Ends fields, you can either select a date on which to end your recurrences, or you can nominate a specific number of repeats using the Occurrences field.
- You can add Comments and/or an Employee Message using the free text fields.
- Once you're happy with your settings, you can either click on Save to save a draft version of your session or click on the Save and Roster button to roster the session. Take care, once you roster the session, you won't be able to delete it.
- Once you save your session, it'll appear on the client's calendar. It'll also appear on the Sessions Calendar. You can click on the appointment on either of the calendars to open the session record.