This article explains how to add a category to a service agreement. It replaces the previous Categories and Services article.
Claimable services are organised under categories. You can either:
- set up an unrestricted category and select the line item when you create a session or service delivery or
- limit a category to service items that you specify.
To add a category, navigate to your service agreement then:
- Click on the Line Items tab.
- Click on the New Category button.
- Click on the Support Category drop-down list and select your support category.
- Click in the Support Category Amount field and type the amount that has been allocated for this category. This field can be left blank if you set the Support Category Overclaim option to Allow.
- Click in the Support Category Overclaim drop-down list and select how the system should handle overclaims.
|Prevent||The user will receive an error when attempting to add a service delivery that will exceed the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Warn||The user will receive a warning when delivering services over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
|Allow||Services can be delivered over the total allocation limit of the agreement.|
- If you're planning to add specific service line items, make sure there is a tick in the Restrict delivery to Service Line Item checkbox. This will mean that services will only be able to be delivered against the service line items that you add. If you untick this checkbox, all service line items for this category will be available when creating a session or service delivery entry.
- If you're adding categories to an NDIA agreement, you'll also be able to select who is responsible for managing funds using the Funding Management field. This affects how you claim funds for services. For example, selecting NDIA will mean that you'll be able to claim funds by submitting an extract to the NDIA.
- If the service is related to an NDIA service booking, you can add the booking number to the Service Booking field. If you haven't already, you can also create the service booking by clicking in the Service Booking field and selecting the + Add New Service Booking option.
- Click on the Save button to add the category to your service agreement.
Once you've added a category to your service agreement, you can add service line items. Remember, if Restrict delivery to Service Line Item is ticked, you'll need to add a service line item to the category to be able to claim services.
If you're setting up a block service agreement with unrestricted categories, you can add funded clients.