This article explains how to create and edit a personal support plan on a client's contact record.
The system can be used to capture several different types of personal support plans. These include:
- continence management plans
- diet and meal plans
- general support plans
- positive behaviour support plans, and
- plans regarding restrictive practices.
Alerts can be used to make workers aware that there is a plan in place.
To create a personal support plan:
- Navigate to the client's contact record under the Contacts tab.
- Click on the Plans tab. You might need to use the More drop-down list at the end of the row of tabs to find this option.
- Scroll down to the Personal Support Plans section.
- Click on the New button.
- This will open the New Personal Support Plan window where you can select the type of plan you need to create. Click on the relevant record type then click on the Next button.
- The first two sections of each of the forms for the different record types are similar. The Client field is mandatory and will auto-fill with the client's name.
- You can use the Plan Type drop-down list to select whether the plan should be labelled as a Personal Support Plan, Health Care Plan or Health Plan.
- You can make workers aware that a plan has been included on a record by putting a tick in the Display as Alert checkbox. This will add an alert to the top of the client's contact record. The alert will display the plan type unless you add a description to the Description free text field.
If you selected a General Support Plan, you'll need to fill out additional mandatory fields. You'll need to select a domain from the Domain drop-down list. Depending on your selection, you may also need to select a sub-domain. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk.
- The Development and Approval Information section is the same for all plans. This section of the form allows you to add information about key dates, key people involved in the development of the plan and who provided consent.
- The rest of the form will depend on which record type you selected. Fill out as many details as are required by your organisation then click on the Save button.
- Your plan will be listed in the Personal Support Plans section. To edit a personal support plan, click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the row and select Edit.
- If you ticked the Display as Alert checkbox, the plan will also be listed at the top of the client's record.